SD Mayer understands that the future CFO needs to have a different skillset in the future than they’ve had in the past. To begin, they need to crunch fewer numbers and become more of a strategist. In fact, the top five concerns, and areas of improvement, facing CFOs today, include:
- Understanding digital, smart technologies and sophisticated data analytics;
- Improve stakeholder management skills, including those of investors and C-suite members;
- Improve leadership and team-building skills;
- Improve strategic risk-management skills;
- Increasing exposure to major strategic change programs, such as IT delivery or M&A intregrations;
- Gain international exposure.