SD Mayer understands that the future CFO needs to have a different skillset in the future than they’ve had in the past. To begin, they need to crunch fewer numbers and become more of a strategist. In fact, the top five concerns, and areas of improvement, facing CFOs today, include:
- Understanding digital, smart technologies and sophisticated data analytics;
- Improve stakeholder management skills, including those of investors and C-suite members;
- Improve leadership and team-building skills;
- Improve strategic risk-management skills;
- Increasing exposure to major strategic change programs, such as IT delivery or M&A intregrations;
- Gain international exposure.
Fortunately, SD Mayer has a suite of business advisory services laser-focused on the things that the CFO of the future needs to know. SD Mayer brings a unique set of skills to each project including international expertise, reorganization experience, capital management, and business process redesign, and can work as CFO advisory strategists with your finance team to allow the CFO to take on their new role, while delivering the existing work they are familiar with.