SD Mayer’s international tax services group can help your company expand internationally, whether that means growth into the United States or out to another country, through a strong international tax planning strategy that will grow with you. Understanding the tax ramifications is crucial and our team of experts can walk you through the process. We have extensive expertise in international tax planning and the technical knowledge to structure your transactions properly. Through our affiliation with international firms, we can minimize your tax burden while coordinating your tax planning and compliance.
For mulitnational families, we can help you remain compliant with U.S. & foreign tax laws:
- U.S. Tax Returns – We prepare your U.S. income tax return, including the most common schedules and forms.
- State Tax Returns – Depending on which state you most recently lived in, you may need to file a state return.
- Small Business Tax Returns – We assist small business owners, self-employed individuals, or folks with significant rental property with their returns.
- Online Filing – When you’re living in a foreign country, it’s not practical to send forms and documents back and forth through the mail. Our highly secure, fully encrypted Client Portal enables the quick, free, and safe transfer of files between our office and yours.
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting – We file the FBAR form for individuals who had above a certain threshold in a foreign account.
- Compliance – It’s not uncommon for expats to fall behind on their taxes. We help you sort through the paperwork, forms, and rules, and get you back in compliance with the IRS.
- Consulting – If you’re unsure of your need to file federal or state tax returns, give us a call. We help you get clear on your situation.