Promotions cover a wide range of practice areas across the firm, reflecting SD Mayer & Associates’ status as a full-service provider
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., January 9, 2018 – SD Mayer & Associates LLP, a San Francisco-based accounting, technology consulting and wealth management company, entered the new year on a high growth trajectory with the addition of five new partners. Joining the ranks for partner status are Rick Hillsbery, Mark Magel, Lisa Slater, Jeff Stephens and Elias Tarabay.
“SD Mayer’s new partners are innovators, problem-solvers and trusted advisors, dedicated to helping our clients solve their most complex business and financial issues,” said Managing and Founding Partner Stephen D. Mayer. “Their talents are complimented by their enthusiasm for their work, and the mutual enjoyment they and our clients have in working together. Accountants aren’t always pegged with the adjectives of ‘fun and caring,’ but at SD Mayer those are core values of everyone we hire, and everything we do.”
Each of SD Mayer’s new partners adds new dimensions of knowledge and experience to client engagements:
- Rick Hillsbery, Wealth Management Partner. Rick helps clients reach their goal of financial security by optimizing resources through integration of tax, retirement, investment, insurance, estate and financial planning.
- Mark Magel, Technology Partner. Mark is responsible for all technology-related services for SD Mayer and its clients. He works closely with SD Mayer’s leadership team to ensure alignment and achievement of the firm’s financial, operational and strategic objectives using technology.
- Lisa Slater, Outsourced Accounting Partner. Lisa manages a team responsible for providing comprehensive accounting and finance solutions to privately held companies in a variety of industries, including technology start-ups, e-commerce, advertising, publishing, manufacturing and distribution, and retail.
- Jeff Stephens, Wealth Management & Retirement Planning Partner. Jeff is a retirement plan specialist who advises successful businesses in the areas of employee benefits and retirement planning. He develops systems and processes that guide plan fiduciaries in their effort to oversee their retirement plans in a prudent manner.
- Elias Tarabay, Audit & Assurance Partner. Elias is well-versed in all aspects of accounting, auditing, and finance. He was the lead auditor on many complex engagements in diverse industries such as manufacturing, retail, real estate and biotechnology. He consulted with management on external matters related to SEC compliance, and on internal matters related to internal controls and operational efficiencies.
Since its founding in 2012, SD Mayer has grown from a firm of seven, to now more than 45. With offices in San Francisco, Menlo Park and Seattle, and membership in Enterprise Worldwide providing global reach, SD Mayer serves clients in a range of industries, and with needs as complex as international tax and complex audit work, to outsourced accounting, technology consulting and wealth management.
About SD Mayer
SD Mayer & Associates LLP (www.sdmayer.com) is a fast-growing, full-service, community-minded technology, accounting, consulting and wealth management firm. The firm also helps clients plan for their future through retirement and wealth management services. SD Mayer has the expertise to help both individuals and businesses through their toughest financial challenges.
SD Mayer is based in San Francisco, with offices in Menlo Park and Seattle, along with consultants located in key locations throughout the United States. The firm can also tap into its global resources through its membership in Enterprise Worldwide, an international association of accountants and advisors.
The firm has been named a “Best Place to Work” three years in a row, listed as a “Fastest Growing Private Company” and named one of the Top Accounting Firms in the Bay Area.
Managing Partner Stephen D. Mayer founded SD Mayer in 2012. Steve brings his core values to the firm: helping clients be successful in business and in life, investing in and serving the community, and having fun.