Website sdmayerllp SD Mayer & Associates LLP
A full-service accounting and advisory firm located in San Francisco's financial district.
SD Mayer & Associates is currently seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join our firm. Senior Managers provide final review of federal and state tax returns, and guide planning, research and compliance efforts. They are key to developing the technical capabilities of managers, seniors and associates while sustaining excellent client relationships as top priorities. Because Senior Managers are responsible for the calculation and analysis of tax strategies for our clients, they must have both strong technical backgrounds and effective leadership skills to manage all tasks relevant to tax engagements.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of U.S. tax services, including review of complex U.S. tax returns for corporations, partnerships and/or individuals
- Advise clients on complex tax issues, transactions, and structuring
- Review tax provisions prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP (ASC 740)
- Work closely with other areas of the firm to develop and provide comprehensive solutions to clients incorporating services beyond accounting and tax
- Develop and maintain deep technical knowledge in areas of relevance to our clients, including U.S. domestic and international tax provisions
- Develop and maintain market presence as well as strong relationships with both new and existing clients
- Develop and implement risk management policies and best practices shaping the practice
- Train, manage, mentor and develop junior tax professionals
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree required; Tax, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred
- Advanced credential allowing for client representation before the Internal Revenue Service required (e.g., CPA or JD)
- Minimum of 8 years of tax experience gained within a public accounting firm or related experience
- Proficient in corporate, individual and partnership taxation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising and training associates and/or managers
- Highly motivated
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
- Ability to integrate quickly
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, accounting, legal or tax advice. The services of an appropriate professional should be sought regarding your individual situation.