A full-service accounting and advisory firm located in San Francisco's financial district.
Experienced Staff Auditor
SD Mayer & Associates, LLP, is a fast-growing, full-service, community-minded accounting, consulting and wealth management firm. Founded in late 2012, the firm has grown from seven employees to 45 in just a few years. We are looking for employees who are passionate about what they do and care deeply about making a difference to their clients, their co-workers, and our firm. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a company culture that values our employees and a beautiful office in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
Review and/or conducts financial, operational, branch, regulatory compliance and information system audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for audit planning under the direction of the Audit Director or Audit Manager. This includes risk assessment, program development/update and sample selections.
- Responsible for executing and thoroughly documenting audit program tests for financial, operational and FDICIA/SOX audits.
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating the adequacy of design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Responsible for completing work within defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Responsible for the initial determination of audit issues, analyzing the root cause, and making practical recommendations for improving operations and the financial position of company.
- Discusses results of audits with the manager/director in charge of operation under audit.
- Keeps the Director of Internal Audit informed of progress and/or difficulties in carrying out the audit function.
- Follow-up on outstanding audit findings with department management, and present items to the Audit Partner for closure.
- May conduct special projects for management such as fraud investigations and development of fraud prevention controls.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; and one year auditor experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to work independently and possess well developed interpersonal, analytical and writing skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Any of the following is desirable, but not necessary: CIA, CPA, CFSA, CFE, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Individuals should have extensive experience with Excel, with preferred experience with Prosystems Engagement or other document management systems.
About SD Mayer & Associates:
WORKING AT SD MAYER
At SD Mayer, we understand that balancing family, fun and a rewarding career can be challenging. That’s why we embrace flexible work schedules, paid time off to spend with your family, opportunities to volunteer in your community and an entrepreneurial environment that will help you develop a career path you can be proud of. At SD Mayer, we CARE about you.
From the moment you walk in our front door, you will be inspired by our wall of ground-breaking individuals that carved new paths before us, like Steve Jobs, who once said, “we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do”. At SD Mayer, we don’t want you to just clock in and clock out, but to feel empowered to contribute smart ideas that will help our firm grow and push us into unchartered territory. If you’re passionate about an industry or service line, we encourage you to take advantage of our entrepreneurial nature and bring your business case to our leadership team. We might just ask you to lead the charge. At the end of the day, we want you to be happy about how you spend your day, whether it’s crunching numbers, interacting with our clients or working behind the scenes on firm operations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com